Congratulations on the decision to bring an Engravinator into your shop! Clean off your favorite workspace, grab a comfy chair, open a cold drink, turn on some music, and get ready to build!
We don't consider this build to be overly complicated, but take your time and read everything carefully. The build should take between 4-8 hours, depending on your skill level, and if you have help.
- Check out the Buy page, for complete information on acquiring all the hardware and electronics.
- Check out the Fabrication guide, for details on printing and cutting the components needed.
Be on the lookout for sections marked with this icon: call_split. There will be extra notes on how to handle the assembly differently depending on how you acquired your components.
- 4mm Hex Key
- 3mm Hex Key
- 2.5mm Hex Key
- 2mm Hex Key
- 1.5mm Hex Key
- Flush Cut Snippers
- Wire Strippers
- Soldering Iron (optional depending on how you acquired components)
- Flat Surface
Follow all the rules below and you will have a great experience!
- Always read all the instructions for each step first, as it will give you better context and understanding of what you need to do.
- Read the instructions and don't just follow the pictures! The written instructions are as short as possible.
- Never cut or trim anything unless told to!!
- Don't force it. The printed parts will hold up to a lot of abuse but are not indestructible. If something isn't fitting right, recheck the instructions.
- Don't over-torque it. Again, the printed parts are strong but could crack if bolts are over-tightened. When tightening bolts into plastic components we recommend using the short side of the hex keys for leverage instead of the long sides. This will prevent over-tightening.
- When in doubt, hit up the Engravinator Forum. We know you want to get it done now but better to ask than break something.
- Use a comfortable chair and an appropriate work surface. Seriously, you will be working on this for a while and it's best to be comfortable.
- The listed tools are just the minimum basic versions to get the job done. Certainly feel free to use something nicer if you have it. We highly recommend a precision driver set that includes a flexible shaft extension for getting into the harder to reach places.
- Have fun!! If you didn't like building things you probably wouldn't have taken on this task, but it's worth stating anyways. Take your time and enjoy the process.
Alright! Let's get this party started! Head over to the next section.